Skip to main content

Contention

Sleep failed me, I shuffled my cards but, amnesia wasn't one of them.
I have been under wraps for sometime now. A life cycle, I have to call it; cocoon stage is pretty nasty at that. I feared the light of day and cowered behind shadows of self piety. I rocked back and forth in darkness mauling huge chunks of fear.
Every approaching footsteps of opportunity was too condescending and deafening, and often made me peer into the blinding light, with a tiptoe. 

Neighbors next door, whispered, that a forlorn spirit had possessed me, I could hear frightened murmurs and naysays when I collected enough courage to walk out, or so I thought. (This goes out to all those who think they are freaks; talk and smile alone, notwithstanding).

There is this huge dark cloud, that started out in the horizon as a tiny wisp of an imaginary shape. I dismissed it to be some bloke burning charcoal or sending a smoke signal to some primitive chap, maybe.

Drawing closer, with time, it took the shape of a truckload of bale. Pondering, I watched it with bemusement, akin to that of a disinterested fellow. I took less notice when life's traffic jams became too bother some. There were meals to cook, laundry to do and chores to run.

Yesterday's mid break came with a thud. A haunted veil of fear hung low and dark. Absentmindedly, I had taken a peek out of the window and was dumbstruck when a menacing dark cloud stared back at me, unblinking and threatening. Flashes of lightening lit the dark underbelly of the approaching storm with the strength of a ten power-stations combined. Loud cracks of thunder could be heard preceding the flashes. I watched, mouth agape, with fear as the ground shook and windows rattled.

I wrapped myself with a thick blanket, at the furthest end of the room, waiting for the storm to pass by...

"Like a storm, life at most times is challenging, and before we find that foothold, we need to wrap ourselves with 'thick blankets' of love, perseverance and hope. Hard work is paramount, but without the love and blessing of the most high, all is vanity. Seek Him in times of joy, call for His help in times of trouble and never forget to thank the Almighty when all is bliss."

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year y'all!
Gerry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Psychology Of Color.

I came across this collection of colors and its psychological meaning and found great references that I can relate with.  " Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways. - Oscar Wilde . "  Picture Courtesy of inspirationalfeed.com Have a wonderful weekend up ahead! Gerry

The prime of life ;Grasp it.

I created this "concept" video three years ago, the words are not my own, credit goes to the pearly and lustrous voice, of a great mentor, and a motivator, Mr. Johnson Mwakazi. I hadn't sat to really take in the words; today I did. Well, that was quite a befitting piece, for the times. Of course, motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis. We look up to our mentors for various reasons, one being to always strive to achieve like they have. To the words, “The prime of life may be great, there is up and there is also down, one may reach the summit, but where else can one move on, except for descending again.” 01:12 Listen on. Gerry

If we wake up.

If today, that little veil covering the small steps of our lives is lifted, will we have enough of face to show the scars of time or stand tall and proudly display the plaques of amazing feats that we've achieved? Will we be able with unwavering demeanor, show the world the number of skeletons in our closets and those silent achievements earned over time? Or will we cower in abject shame as all is laid bare for everyone to see? Today, under the fluorescent dimness of the yellow reading lamp, he slights his palates with the sweetness of condiments sourced from random walks around malls, albeit the cold; a mix of frozen vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry sweetens this 1 am circus. The halls are silent, except for some occasional slow and sometimes fast patter of a random night owl, going for a tinkle.  The new year is a bit laggy, maybe because of a long-awaited break from the normal constantness of haunting lecture halls, and the dreary atmosphere surrounding midterms. It's a re