Skip to main content

In Thine Own eyes.

A river to a valley,
An ocean to stone, endless ripples of unknowns.
The time it takes the edges to become well worn,
I’ve never been more certain,
That all this time and softened lines, one day we will be better than before,

Sailing through the seasons with every setting sun,
Breathing in the feeling like we’ve just begun,
Feels like we’re flying but it’s steady ground,
In all the chaos and the quiet, you’re my safe and sound, Storm's abound.

Never loose your way,
The little speck that shines light to your path,
For the bits of everything, hinges on thine steps.
If the rest of the worldly eyes would see the bits and pieces of his steps and sojourns in his stead, all will be clear in time. 

Memoir #13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Psychology Of Color.

I came across this collection of colors and its psychological meaning and found great references that I can relate with.  " Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways. - Oscar Wilde . "  Picture Courtesy of inspirationalfeed.com Have a wonderful weekend up ahead! Gerry

The prime of life ;Grasp it.

I created this "concept" video three years ago, the words are not my own, credit goes to the pearly and lustrous voice, of a great mentor, and a motivator, Mr. Johnson Mwakazi. I hadn't sat to really take in the words; today I did. Well, that was quite a befitting piece, for the times. Of course, motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis. We look up to our mentors for various reasons, one being to always strive to achieve like they have. To the words, “The prime of life may be great, there is up and there is also down, one may reach the summit, but where else can one move on, except for descending again.” 01:12 Listen on. Gerry

Learning the ropes.

A reset is something that hits you when you least expect it. Just like sickness, it knocks at your door at odd hours, bringing with it a period of great adjustments and shifts.  A bit of a background story, a couple of weeks ago, I was reading an anecdote by Norman Vincent Peale (the father of positive thinking) where the author posits that one should change their thoughts if they wish to change the world.  This got me thinking; all those instances where I have seen people on the streets or in restaurants in seemingly boisterous conversations and showing broad smiles unassumingly made me think that they might be living life happier than mine. I assumed that they were happier than me or even smarter than me. Instances are rife where we sit in our little apartments imagining what it would be like to be someone else.  That feeling that we often behold that everyone around you seems to be doing better than you, or the one where we feel that piles upon piles of decks are stacked against you