Skip to main content

Unfinished Business

2015, you've been a devastating year to me. I feel your wickedness all over what's left of me, it tastes like bile in my tongue; contempt written all over my face, I glance around, cussing, my insides writhing with discord. Why, oh why? You started with promise; the stars looked brighter than ever. I swear I could see through to December.

But somewhere midway; I don't know what happed, somehow, I think I got carried away by fortuity, I mean; a place to work, great friends, amazing colleagues and much more. I saw opportunities, one after the other. I saw that take-off, unperturbed, I took the bull by the horns, locked my eyes at my nose. Dark shades to say the least.

Woe unto my sights,the reigns broke, the carriage toppled. I have never seen a trailer before a truck, at full throttle on The 98, doing a 90 mile per hour over the inter-state.

This life, oooh, it just turned hue and smoky. I walked right into a mine field, coroners waiting at the end. Vultures circling the air and their high-pitched blood-curdling cries sending more than shivers. I could smell a devastating hand of lose beckoning, a wry smile written all over its face.

I hold this pain in the insides of me, it slowly churns, burns like acid, eating up what's left of hope. There is a constant rumble and a reminder of how fate, has turned her face away from me and destiny has taken over, leaving a permanent ache of wanting to run away from everything; people, responsibility, work, name it.

I have friends, I no longer look at them straight, Everyday, I wake up chewing the last straws of strength gained from sleeping, to walk up a flight-of stairs to the roof-top and bask in the sun, mulling over pain, with a distant look nonetheless. I go over photos, thinking of how life was good, how going out was as easy as staying in-doors. I can't take it anymore. Closing my eyes, feeling the warmth of the morning sun, I whispered a silent prayer, to the skies, so genuine it was, that my heart rippled with pent up despair. I made a distress call to the One who has never left.

Today... Something stirred deep within. With a little resolve, I began typing away...

Gerry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Psychology Of Color.

I came across this collection of colors and its psychological meaning and found great references that I can relate with.  " Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways. - Oscar Wilde . "  Picture Courtesy of inspirationalfeed.com Have a wonderful weekend up ahead! Gerry

If we wake up.

If today, that little veil covering the small steps of our lives is lifted, will we have enough of face to show the scars of time or stand tall and proudly display the plaques of amazing feats that we've achieved? Will we be able with unwavering demeanor, show the world the number of skeletons in our closets and those silent achievements earned over time? Or will we cower in abject shame as all is laid bare for everyone to see? Today, under the fluorescent dimness of the yellow reading lamp, he slights his palates with the sweetness of condiments sourced from random walks around malls, albeit the cold; a mix of frozen vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry sweetens this 1 am circus. The halls are silent, except for some occasional slow and sometimes fast patter of a random night owl, going for a tinkle.  The new year is a bit laggy, maybe because of a long-awaited break from the normal constantness of haunting lecture halls, and the dreary atmosphere surrounding midterms. It's a re

The prime of life ;Grasp it.

I created this "concept" video three years ago, the words are not my own, credit goes to the pearly and lustrous voice, of a great mentor, and a motivator, Mr. Johnson Mwakazi. I hadn't sat to really take in the words; today I did. Well, that was quite a befitting piece, for the times. Of course, motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis. We look up to our mentors for various reasons, one being to always strive to achieve like they have. To the words, “The prime of life may be great, there is up and there is also down, one may reach the summit, but where else can one move on, except for descending again.” 01:12 Listen on. Gerry