Skip to main content

21st Century

       Somehow, everyone got to start somewhere. Tuesday morning; day two of a really needful break in my life, just going about the daily chores; quite a handful I must say, especially after two years away from the same. 

       Lately I have been feeling a lot more fixated on the low down. A couple of indoor times and just lazing around but, deep within, there is a very heavy feeling of loss, a hollow absence of joy, peace and environment. Every time I get up to do something, a sense of failure overwhelms me. I try to dig deep into my soul, in search of an answer as to why this is happening, but all I find is memories; memories that remind me of how life has been so unfair to me. I beat myself up time and time, and then about a week ago, I started experiencing pain on the upper part of my chest. The doctor, looked at me and with a straight face said, I needed to make my body active, do a little jog and take a lot of water, and most important of all, avoid stress.  Man, I was depressed.  
 
      This is a path I never thought, I’ll walk, even at such a youthful age. I am looking at my shaky hands, miles away, we have touched lives, built the unimaginable, yet still, we are still here, stuck at step one. I remember the first day this wonderful life-changing experience happened to come my way. I don’t consider myself always lucky, but yeah, on the brighter side it just came to me. Touching the lives of young men and guide them to grow in Christ. A very familiar phrase yet the times I have done it, I have never had the fulfillment I first hoped for when luck bumped into me. I always had this distant look, haunting every single step I made. The feeling and thinking of not wanting to do something in the fear of its outcome being negative apart from my conscience deliberately choking the steps I made. I was and still is hesitant to join the mainstream of progress. 

      Here I am, questioning every move I make, judging every decision I take and forgetting to carry myself positively with life’s flow. It’s like a wave, crashing on reefs, relentlessly dying in the process but not giving up;, like a lifetime curse, one after the other. I stare blankly into space, miles away in my own thoughts; flying across the Atlantic, visualizing a Californian Burrito or sitting in some office working, a jolt once in a while back into reality, momentarily then drifting again into a too familiar disposition; staring into the distance.  I don’t know what all those thoughts harbors, but one thing is clear, it’s not a safe stance to dwell in. I watch as a tiny bird flies and lands a few feet away from where I am standing. It looked at me for a second or two, then figuring out I was harmless, hopped to a spot with bread-crumbs. It pecked away constantly pausing to look at me. I envied that bird; it knew not of what it was going to feed on tomorrow but always got up to a fresh day; positive and feeding. 

Hope; hope is the one thing. Prayer is everything.

Gerry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Psychology Of Color.

I came across this collection of colors and its psychological meaning and found great references that I can relate with.  " Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways. - Oscar Wilde . "  Picture Courtesy of inspirationalfeed.com Have a wonderful weekend up ahead! Gerry

The prime of life ;Grasp it.

I created this "concept" video three years ago, the words are not my own, credit goes to the pearly and lustrous voice, of a great mentor, and a motivator, Mr. Johnson Mwakazi. I hadn't sat to really take in the words; today I did. Well, that was quite a befitting piece, for the times. Of course, motivation is not permanent. But then, neither is bathing; but it is something you should do on a regular basis. We look up to our mentors for various reasons, one being to always strive to achieve like they have. To the words, “The prime of life may be great, there is up and there is also down, one may reach the summit, but where else can one move on, except for descending again.” 01:12 Listen on. Gerry

If we wake up.

If today, that little veil covering the small steps of our lives is lifted, will we have enough of face to show the scars of time or stand tall and proudly display the plaques of amazing feats that we've achieved? Will we be able with unwavering demeanor, show the world the number of skeletons in our closets and those silent achievements earned over time? Or will we cower in abject shame as all is laid bare for everyone to see? Today, under the fluorescent dimness of the yellow reading lamp, he slights his palates with the sweetness of condiments sourced from random walks around malls, albeit the cold; a mix of frozen vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry sweetens this 1 am circus. The halls are silent, except for some occasional slow and sometimes fast patter of a random night owl, going for a tinkle.  The new year is a bit laggy, maybe because of a long-awaited break from the normal constantness of haunting lecture halls, and the dreary atmosphere surrounding midterms. It's a re