Skip to main content

Stay In the Game, Don't loose hope.

Hope

Badminton is a game of will, maneuverability and the mind. I remember back in high school, my singles Team-mate had a fractured arm string from a previous practice and was really in pain. He was a great player and our team couldn't do without him, but according to the doctor he wasn't expected to play. Our coach, wanted him to sit it out, but he wasn't about to miss the game. His arm was bandaged and all swollen. He was all bandaged up. We were losing badly, and when I got a chance, I walked over and asked him how he felt. He said, "It's excruciating, but I'd rather be playing in pain than sitting on the sidelines watching."

God has wonderfully created you to become a beautiful creature, blessed with strength of will and mind, you can't let that setback, that pain, that disappointment, that hurt make you sit on the sidelines of life. You might need to take some time out, doing it like a player. Strapping up what's hurting. Forgiving the person who did you wrong, Let go of what didn't work out and get back in the game.
The kind of people God rewards. Faithful people, people who are determined; people who get knocked down but don't stay down. You don't let the hurt, the pain, the bad make you bitter, lose your passion or start blaming God. No, like that lad, you stay in the game. No matter what life deals our way, our attitude should be, "I'm hurting, but I'm still here. A friend did me wrong, but I'm still here. Business is slow, but I'm still here. I didn't feel like coming, but I'm still here."

You've got to have a made up mind that you're going to stay in the game. You're not only going to be faithful as long as you feel perfectly well, as long as everybody treats you right, as long as it's sunny and cool outside. No, you've made up your mind, "I'm hurting, but I'm still coming. My boss did me wrong, but I'm still getting to work on time; I'm still being my best. I'm in pain, but I'm still singing in the choir. I'm still ushering each week. I'm still being good to a friend that's in need. I've still got a smile. I'm still giving God praise."

Anybody can sit on the sidelines. Anybody can find an excuse to be sour, to drop out, and to give up on life. Stay in the game and let God lead you to victory!





Happy week ya’ll
Loughran


Popular posts from this blog

Learning the ropes.

A reset is something that hits you when you least expect it. Just like sickness, it knocks at your door at odd hours, bringing with it a period of great adjustments and shifts.  A bit of a background story, a couple of weeks ago, I was reading an anecdote by Norman Vincent Peale (the father of positive thinking) where the author posits that one should change their thoughts if they wish to change the world.  This got me thinking; all those instances where I have seen people on the streets or in restaurants in seemingly boisterous conversations and showing broad smiles unassumingly made me think that they might be living life happier than mine. I assumed that they were happier than me or even smarter than me. Instances are rife where we sit in our little apartments imagining what it would be like to be someone else.  That feeling that we often behold that everyone around you seems to be doing better than you, or the one where we feel that piles upon piles of decks are stacked against you

The Psychology Of Color.

I came across this collection of colors and its psychological meaning and found great references that I can relate with.  " Mere color, unspoiled by meaning, and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways. - Oscar Wilde . "  Picture Courtesy of inspirationalfeed.com Have a wonderful weekend up ahead! Gerry

He Remembers.

He’d write you this letter, but he knows, the good ol’ days are gone. blame the vagaries of life. The bits that used to make your heart fluster; the butterflies in your stomach? This are words, poured into this piece, to remember a graceful person, to honor a time that made his world a place to relish. Truth be said, weathering this time is daunting and he got no idea how it is going to be. He’s held onto hope; he knows too well of it’s tingling taste in his mouth. He’s beheld countless nights of little to no sleep and unsettled sighs and heaves, oh the world that was! The song titled For You by John Denver bellows through the dark headphones tightly holding his sanity together, He can’t help but feel every second and minute pass by so slowly. That is a song he would be singing in the shower with an upbeat mood, relishing the gifts of life. It’s a heavy one this bit, He doesn’t know if his shoulders can hold onto the weight really. He is scared, not that the world’s turned colder, bu